Skip to main content

What a Journey

Senior year, ooooohh the excitement and the thrills of being a high school graduating student. I actually expected it to be the best part of my HS life but unfortunately it did not leave up to my expectations or maybe I myself did not live up to my own expectations.

I entered senior year with high hopes, dreams and goals, but up to this point, Nothing, maybe a few rewards here and there but nothing big or major. Several times this year I have questioned myself am I really not good enough, was last year a fluke, was it all an accidents, was I foolish enough to believe that I was good, that I was smart. NO, this realization hits me right in my face, last year was not an accident for it happened for a reason, I indeed have become complacent, I have been contented going with the flow and this is the reason for my recent failures.

It is safe to say that I have indeed cried a thousand tears, I heave been through alot, Yes I indeed have had a fair share of triumphs but looking back those achievements seem like nothing to me now, but No as one of my teachers told me He believes in e so why can't I.

History, indeed has a funny way of repeating itself, we cannot do away with the past because sometimes it has a harsh way of coming back to us.

As one of my teachers once said last year I was on Fire and that is what I need to do, I need to find that Charmane with the fire, the one with the drive and the thirst to win, the Charmane who was so competetive that it hurt.

If I fail this time around, I will make sure that this time I will have no regrets for I know that I did my best, I gave it my all and i stopped at nothing :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Trust Feels Conditional

  There are moments in life when someone begins to feel like every move they make is under surveillance — not out of care, but out of doubt. She feels it deeply now. Supposedly, everyone around her stands as equals. Supposedly, they are her friends. But in reality, she senses something different — something heavy. To her, it feels like people are just waiting for her to make a mistake. Every action she takes is questioned, every decision second-guessed. She notices how others are given space to move freely, to make choices without judgment. But when it comes to her, it’s as if the rules suddenly change. The trust that others receive without question is something she has to earn — over and over again — and even then, it’s never really granted. What’s worse is how these people claim it’s all out of care and concern. But to her, it feels hollow — like a twisted version of compassion. It's as if they’ve become emotionless, robotic in the way they interact — driven more by quiet resentm...

Someday, I Shall Also Sablay — But Not Yet

  When I left for Europe, it wasn’t just a trip. It was a mission, a commitment. I went as part of the Philippine UPR Watch delegation, carrying with me the stories of our people, the struggles back home, and our collective hope for justice and accountability. As the Lead Convenor of Defend Southern Tagalog, I stood in rooms and on streets across different cities, speaking not only for myself but for communities silenced and marginalized for far too long. I thought that after fulfilling this deeply meaningful work, I would come home to another dream finally coming true: my graduation. I imagined arriving back home fulfilled, tired but triumphant, and soon after, walking across the stage wearing my sablay — the symbol of years of hard work, sleepless nights, and unending perseverance. But life had other plans. I found out I wasn’t graduating while I was already in Europe. In between meetings, human rights conferences, and advocacy visits, I received the news that shattered me. A ...

A Beautiful Ending, or a New Beginning?

  After almost a year, we met again. We saw each other. You’ve changed a lot — I told you that. You said I still looked the same. We had coffee, shared a drink from the same cup, and you agreed to come home with me — to the family that once called you their own. You were there again, and it felt so familiar. So soft. So quietly significant. We talked about life — where we’ve been, how we’ve changed, how the world moved forward even without each other. And maybe because I know you too well, I caught it. That moment when something you said didn’t feel like the truth. I didn’t call it out. I didn’t have to. I knew. Maybe it was a lie. Maybe it was protection — for you, for me, for whatever we still didn’t have the words for. But here’s what I do know: That night could have been the start of something new… or it could’ve been the closure I didn’t know I was waiting for. I love you. That much I’m sure of. God knows how much I love you — even after everything. But maybe what we sh...