Skip to main content

Thrice was not the Charm

They say that Three times the Charm, for my case it was not and surprisingly I'm okay with that.

This time around it came as no surprise for I stopped expecting things a long time ago. The pain was lessened yes, but it was not removed. I know in my heart of hearts that there always will be that empty spot that for so long yearned the reassurance that I am good enough.


"There are no Failures, only delayed successes" this is what my English teacher told me and when I put it that way maybe he's right. It is all a matter of perspective, Yes it did hurt but the question is will I be able to stand  back up.

J.K Rowling once said "It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default."


Failure is an essential part of life, everyone will at one point experience a failure so why mop around asking what could have been?, why not face tomorrow and ask yourself what could be?



My senior year did not go as well as I planned it, its a far cry from what I dreamed of, but still right now, I am very happy with where I am. I did cry, and for a while I did become an emotional train wreck of sorts but here is the thing I stood back up and I plastered that smile on my face.



God has better plans, this may seem cliche but it is the truth. We may not now it but he does. In the past 8 months I have been through a lot, three failures in such a short span of time, but did they break me no they did not, they just made me want to do more and prove myself.


Today has been an emotionally tiring journey from being happy to being sad to being a train wreck. I laughed, I cried but the most important thing is I learned.


Being part of the cream section is blessing enough, like what the teachers of Faculty Room # 2 told me, grades wont be the basis of your ability it should not define who you are.



Experiencing three delayed successes wasn't easy, each delayed success was a heart break but then again just like what my teacher told me what I went through did make me a stronger person. Getting up and fighting back wasn't easy but if that is how God wants it, then be it.


Life in general isn't a walk in park rather it is a journey through the bumpy road of ups and downs with these in mind I am looking forward too bigger and better things that God has in store for me. Yes it is painful but I know that I will get over it like the last time and like that Kelly Clarkson song, I too believe that What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger.


P.S Thank You to the Teachers of Faculty Room # 2 who really made me laugh and cheer up, also thank you to my adviser and my English Teacher.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Trust Feels Conditional

  There are moments in life when someone begins to feel like every move they make is under surveillance — not out of care, but out of doubt. She feels it deeply now. Supposedly, everyone around her stands as equals. Supposedly, they are her friends. But in reality, she senses something different — something heavy. To her, it feels like people are just waiting for her to make a mistake. Every action she takes is questioned, every decision second-guessed. She notices how others are given space to move freely, to make choices without judgment. But when it comes to her, it’s as if the rules suddenly change. The trust that others receive without question is something she has to earn — over and over again — and even then, it’s never really granted. What’s worse is how these people claim it’s all out of care and concern. But to her, it feels hollow — like a twisted version of compassion. It's as if they’ve become emotionless, robotic in the way they interact — driven more by quiet resentm...

Someday, I Shall Also Sablay — But Not Yet

  When I left for Europe, it wasn’t just a trip. It was a mission, a commitment. I went as part of the Philippine UPR Watch delegation, carrying with me the stories of our people, the struggles back home, and our collective hope for justice and accountability. As the Lead Convenor of Defend Southern Tagalog, I stood in rooms and on streets across different cities, speaking not only for myself but for communities silenced and marginalized for far too long. I thought that after fulfilling this deeply meaningful work, I would come home to another dream finally coming true: my graduation. I imagined arriving back home fulfilled, tired but triumphant, and soon after, walking across the stage wearing my sablay — the symbol of years of hard work, sleepless nights, and unending perseverance. But life had other plans. I found out I wasn’t graduating while I was already in Europe. In between meetings, human rights conferences, and advocacy visits, I received the news that shattered me. A ...

A Beautiful Ending, or a New Beginning?

  After almost a year, we met again. We saw each other. You’ve changed a lot — I told you that. You said I still looked the same. We had coffee, shared a drink from the same cup, and you agreed to come home with me — to the family that once called you their own. You were there again, and it felt so familiar. So soft. So quietly significant. We talked about life — where we’ve been, how we’ve changed, how the world moved forward even without each other. And maybe because I know you too well, I caught it. That moment when something you said didn’t feel like the truth. I didn’t call it out. I didn’t have to. I knew. Maybe it was a lie. Maybe it was protection — for you, for me, for whatever we still didn’t have the words for. But here’s what I do know: That night could have been the start of something new… or it could’ve been the closure I didn’t know I was waiting for. I love you. That much I’m sure of. God knows how much I love you — even after everything. But maybe what we sh...