Skip to main content

Just Another Panic Attack

High School wasn't meant to last forever, its just that simple, but then again it is just really hard to let go.

St. Mary's Academy - Pasay was my home for the last 4 years. It was where almost everyone knew me, it was where my comfort zone was and it did feel like my home away from home.

I recently graduated high school and before I know it, the time is already here for me to enter college. High school seemed to be a drag, but now as I look back at the fond memories those four years now just seem to be a snap.

I've been used to my panic attacks lately, that feeling of excitement, then it comes, that feeling of anxiety, of worry and panic. In just a few days' time I will be out of my comfort zone, I will be out in the open, I will be vulnerable for the first time in quite a long time.

Being in the sheltered walls of SMAP all throughout high school, I find it really hard to comprehend the idea of me leaving, maybe what makes it harder for me is the fact that I'll be all alone in a new school and a new environment. Unlike many of my classmates I will be virtually alone as the new school year starts, I know no one and nothing.

I surely will miss the comfort that SMAP gave me, it was where I found out who and what I wanted to be. The safety blanket that I once wore is now nowhere to be seen and as much as I hate it, it is now time to say goodbye to the home that I once knew, and time to say hello to the home that I must now know.

Countless worries still bother me, will I fit in?, will I find friends?, will I excel? The fact that the school expects me to be one of the best just adds to the pressure and panic, But now as I pause to think, I realize that I am indeed ready. SMAP made me ready, those four years were not wasted, rather they were used to their fullest potential and now I know deep in my heart that I can face anything that college will throw my way.

 True leaving is always sad, but now is the time for a new adventure. Maybe I'll have a few more panic attacks but then again maybe that is all just part of the fun. Its now time to close that chapter of my life and as I open a new one I know that those persons and places that I've met and that I've come to know will always be in my heart. So from here on out its GOODBYE HIGH SCHOOL and HELLO COLLEGE. =)))

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Trust Feels Conditional

  There are moments in life when someone begins to feel like every move they make is under surveillance — not out of care, but out of doubt. She feels it deeply now. Supposedly, everyone around her stands as equals. Supposedly, they are her friends. But in reality, she senses something different — something heavy. To her, it feels like people are just waiting for her to make a mistake. Every action she takes is questioned, every decision second-guessed. She notices how others are given space to move freely, to make choices without judgment. But when it comes to her, it’s as if the rules suddenly change. The trust that others receive without question is something she has to earn — over and over again — and even then, it’s never really granted. What’s worse is how these people claim it’s all out of care and concern. But to her, it feels hollow — like a twisted version of compassion. It's as if they’ve become emotionless, robotic in the way they interact — driven more by quiet resentm...

Someday, I Shall Also Sablay — But Not Yet

  When I left for Europe, it wasn’t just a trip. It was a mission, a commitment. I went as part of the Philippine UPR Watch delegation, carrying with me the stories of our people, the struggles back home, and our collective hope for justice and accountability. As the Lead Convenor of Defend Southern Tagalog, I stood in rooms and on streets across different cities, speaking not only for myself but for communities silenced and marginalized for far too long. I thought that after fulfilling this deeply meaningful work, I would come home to another dream finally coming true: my graduation. I imagined arriving back home fulfilled, tired but triumphant, and soon after, walking across the stage wearing my sablay — the symbol of years of hard work, sleepless nights, and unending perseverance. But life had other plans. I found out I wasn’t graduating while I was already in Europe. In between meetings, human rights conferences, and advocacy visits, I received the news that shattered me. A ...

A Beautiful Ending, or a New Beginning?

  After almost a year, we met again. We saw each other. You’ve changed a lot — I told you that. You said I still looked the same. We had coffee, shared a drink from the same cup, and you agreed to come home with me — to the family that once called you their own. You were there again, and it felt so familiar. So soft. So quietly significant. We talked about life — where we’ve been, how we’ve changed, how the world moved forward even without each other. And maybe because I know you too well, I caught it. That moment when something you said didn’t feel like the truth. I didn’t call it out. I didn’t have to. I knew. Maybe it was a lie. Maybe it was protection — for you, for me, for whatever we still didn’t have the words for. But here’s what I do know: That night could have been the start of something new… or it could’ve been the closure I didn’t know I was waiting for. I love you. That much I’m sure of. God knows how much I love you — even after everything. But maybe what we sh...