Skip to main content

I Lost yet I Gained

My title seems intriguing don't you think?

I lost the student council election, did it hurt? Hell Yeah!
Did I cry? I certainly did
Did I let it rule my life? sorry but that ain't gonna happen :)

As I've said repeatedly Life is full of possibilities and this small possibility sadly did not turn into reality. It did hurt when the teacher did not announce me as the new Vice President Internal, I felt my world tremble and shook until I can't hold back my tears. It did hurt it felt like a bullet to my heart I felt sad for I wanted to win so badly but I realized that maybe God has a beetr plan for me. It took me a good few days to accept the painful truth but when I did fially accept it I felt relief such a heavy burden was taken off my chest :)

The experiences that I had during the campaign period was enough  to last a lifetime it has already taught me so much about myself and others/ I made new friends and new acquaintances and it just happened maybe being a regular student will benefit me in the long run/

From this yes I lost the election but I gained experiences,friends,acquaintances and lessons that are worth remembering as I go on my chosen path and maybe just maybe it made me a better person :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Trust Feels Conditional

  There are moments in life when someone begins to feel like every move they make is under surveillance — not out of care, but out of doubt. She feels it deeply now. Supposedly, everyone around her stands as equals. Supposedly, they are her friends. But in reality, she senses something different — something heavy. To her, it feels like people are just waiting for her to make a mistake. Every action she takes is questioned, every decision second-guessed. She notices how others are given space to move freely, to make choices without judgment. But when it comes to her, it’s as if the rules suddenly change. The trust that others receive without question is something she has to earn — over and over again — and even then, it’s never really granted. What’s worse is how these people claim it’s all out of care and concern. But to her, it feels hollow — like a twisted version of compassion. It's as if they’ve become emotionless, robotic in the way they interact — driven more by quiet resentm...

Someday, I Shall Also Sablay — But Not Yet

  When I left for Europe, it wasn’t just a trip. It was a mission, a commitment. I went as part of the Philippine UPR Watch delegation, carrying with me the stories of our people, the struggles back home, and our collective hope for justice and accountability. As the Lead Convenor of Defend Southern Tagalog, I stood in rooms and on streets across different cities, speaking not only for myself but for communities silenced and marginalized for far too long. I thought that after fulfilling this deeply meaningful work, I would come home to another dream finally coming true: my graduation. I imagined arriving back home fulfilled, tired but triumphant, and soon after, walking across the stage wearing my sablay — the symbol of years of hard work, sleepless nights, and unending perseverance. But life had other plans. I found out I wasn’t graduating while I was already in Europe. In between meetings, human rights conferences, and advocacy visits, I received the news that shattered me. A ...

A Beautiful Ending, or a New Beginning?

  After almost a year, we met again. We saw each other. You’ve changed a lot — I told you that. You said I still looked the same. We had coffee, shared a drink from the same cup, and you agreed to come home with me — to the family that once called you their own. You were there again, and it felt so familiar. So soft. So quietly significant. We talked about life — where we’ve been, how we’ve changed, how the world moved forward even without each other. And maybe because I know you too well, I caught it. That moment when something you said didn’t feel like the truth. I didn’t call it out. I didn’t have to. I knew. Maybe it was a lie. Maybe it was protection — for you, for me, for whatever we still didn’t have the words for. But here’s what I do know: That night could have been the start of something new… or it could’ve been the closure I didn’t know I was waiting for. I love you. That much I’m sure of. God knows how much I love you — even after everything. But maybe what we sh...