Skip to main content

I'm The Kind of Girl who... ...

We can't
We can't back down (x4)

Not right now
We can't back down
Not right now
We can't back down
We can't back down

We can't back down
There's too much at stake
This is serious
Don't walk away
We can't pretend it's not happening
In our own backyard
Our own home plate

Goes the lyrics of the popular song from the movie Camp Rock 2. I just found that this lines reflects my life right now. I can feel fear and anxiety rippling through me as the final quarter of the school year looms to a close many would think that its too early to think about these things but not for me.

As a Junior high school student, I am indeed trying to do everything I can in order for me to pave the way into a brighter future part of it is doing good in my studies. For 3 consecutive quarters I have ranked 1 and with the Final Quarter looming to an end I'm now referring to it as My Finale performance for the Academic Year 2011-2012.

But with everything that is, Life is indeed full of What If's what If I don't succeed, What if I don't make it what if I fail? Just like in everything I do I always try to do my best, second best won't do, for me All I want is to be on top but what if that won't be the case for the final showdown?

Failing is in no way a part of my vocabulary. A victory is always a must for me. I am a very ambitious person who would not stop at anything to get to what she wants, I can go to really extreme measures to get what I want.

I hope for the best, and I'm certainly not ready for the worst

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Trust Feels Conditional

  There are moments in life when someone begins to feel like every move they make is under surveillance — not out of care, but out of doubt. She feels it deeply now. Supposedly, everyone around her stands as equals. Supposedly, they are her friends. But in reality, she senses something different — something heavy. To her, it feels like people are just waiting for her to make a mistake. Every action she takes is questioned, every decision second-guessed. She notices how others are given space to move freely, to make choices without judgment. But when it comes to her, it’s as if the rules suddenly change. The trust that others receive without question is something she has to earn — over and over again — and even then, it’s never really granted. What’s worse is how these people claim it’s all out of care and concern. But to her, it feels hollow — like a twisted version of compassion. It's as if they’ve become emotionless, robotic in the way they interact — driven more by quiet resentm...

Someday, I Shall Also Sablay — But Not Yet

  When I left for Europe, it wasn’t just a trip. It was a mission, a commitment. I went as part of the Philippine UPR Watch delegation, carrying with me the stories of our people, the struggles back home, and our collective hope for justice and accountability. As the Lead Convenor of Defend Southern Tagalog, I stood in rooms and on streets across different cities, speaking not only for myself but for communities silenced and marginalized for far too long. I thought that after fulfilling this deeply meaningful work, I would come home to another dream finally coming true: my graduation. I imagined arriving back home fulfilled, tired but triumphant, and soon after, walking across the stage wearing my sablay — the symbol of years of hard work, sleepless nights, and unending perseverance. But life had other plans. I found out I wasn’t graduating while I was already in Europe. In between meetings, human rights conferences, and advocacy visits, I received the news that shattered me. A ...

A Beautiful Ending, or a New Beginning?

  After almost a year, we met again. We saw each other. You’ve changed a lot — I told you that. You said I still looked the same. We had coffee, shared a drink from the same cup, and you agreed to come home with me — to the family that once called you their own. You were there again, and it felt so familiar. So soft. So quietly significant. We talked about life — where we’ve been, how we’ve changed, how the world moved forward even without each other. And maybe because I know you too well, I caught it. That moment when something you said didn’t feel like the truth. I didn’t call it out. I didn’t have to. I knew. Maybe it was a lie. Maybe it was protection — for you, for me, for whatever we still didn’t have the words for. But here’s what I do know: That night could have been the start of something new… or it could’ve been the closure I didn’t know I was waiting for. I love you. That much I’m sure of. God knows how much I love you — even after everything. But maybe what we sh...